- Employee can choose his/her own dentist.
- Plan pays 100% of two cleanings and one x-ray per year (no deductible.)
- After annual deductible of $50.00 (per person), plan pays 80% of basic procedures (fillings, extractions, oral surgery, sealants).
- After deductible, pays 50% of major procedures (crowns, bridges, root canals, inlays, full and partial dentures, gum surgery).
- Maximum benefit per person/per calendar year is $1100.
- Orthodontia lifetime maximum benefit is $1000.
- One year waiting period for Orthodontia Procedures.
Monthly Premiums are: High Plan Low Plan Employee Only $41.46 $19.51 Employee & Spouse
$39.49 Employee & Children $93.36 $51.92 Employee & Family
- Eligible for Cafeteria Plan.
Short Term Disability
- Provides income protection for periods of physical disablilty except for job-related injuries which are covered by Worker's Compensation.
- Provides up to 66% of weekly salary with a maximum of $500.00 per week for the 90 days of disability.
- Waiting period is one day for accident or eight days for illness .
- Cost is based on salary with a maximum premium of $28.50.
Long Term Disability
- Provides income protection for periods of physical disability.
- Provides up to 66% of monthly salary with a maximum of $6,000 per month.
- Waiting period is 90 days of disability.
- Cost is based on salary with a maximum premium of $51.30
- Coordinates with other disability income such as Social Security Disability, Teachers Retirement Disability and Public School Employees Retirement Disability.
As your employer, IRS regulations require us to notify employees annually of their eligibility to participate in the 403(b) plan. Attached you will find an electronic copy of your 2020 Meaningful Notice and an Annual Retirement Benefits Guide (ARBG) containing plans available to you.
Please review the materials thoroughly as you will find Plan information, as well as a worksheet on page 10 of the ARBG containing the 2020 basic contribution limit, which will help you determine your Maximum Allowable Contribution “MAC” amount.
A current list of your authorized Investment Providers and a Salary Reduction Agreement “SRA” form is located at: https://www.tsacg.com/individual/plan-sponsor/georgia/colquitt-county-schools/.
You can find a MAC calculator at: https://www.tsacg.com/calculations/mac-calculator/.
If you have any questions please contact Melissa Goodroe, Employee Benefits Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or your Authorized Investment Provider.
For plan investment advice, it is suggested that you consult a Financial Advisor.
Tax Sheltered Annuities
- The Equitable, James Allred (email@example.com) or Lisa Day, (firstname.lastname@example.org) Agents (229) 247-1010
- Lincoln Financial Advisors, 414 N. Westover Blvd., Suite E. Albany, Georgia 31707 | 229-888-6868
- VALIC (The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company), 125 Plantation Centre Drive, Ste. 200 Macon, GA 31210 478-405-5005
Steven Mathis, Financial Advisor/South Georgia District | 229-646-6438 (cell) | email@example.com
Matt Rawlins, Financial Advisor/South Georgia District | 229-289-7450 (cell) | firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The Colquitt County Board of Education does not endorse any of the companies or any of the investment products or services offered. Contact the company of your choice through the agent and phone number listed. The agent will contact the payroll office.
VALIC Financial Advisors, Inc.
Financial Advisor | South Georgia District | Southeast Region
AIG Retirement Services
125 Plantation Centre Drive, Suite 200 | Macon, GA 31210
Cell +1 229-646-6438 | Tel +1 478-405-5005 | Fax +1 229-233-0932
Teachers Retirement System of Georgia
- All employees who are eligible must join. (Eligible employees are as follows: Teachers, Administrators, Clerks, and Paraprofessionals.)
- Contribution rate is 6% of gross earnings.
- Contribution is deducted prior to calculation of the Federal Withholding Taxes.
- In addition, 1.45% of gross earnings will be deducted for Medicare Tax (the total Social Security Tax is NOT deducted.)
- Web site of the Teachers Retirement System of Georgia: www.trsga.com
- New Hire Video
Public School Employees Retirement System
- All employees who are eligible must join. (Eligible employees are as follows: Bus Drivers, Food Service Workers and Custodians.)
- Contribution rate is $10.00 per month September through May.
- In addition, the total 6.2% Social Security Tax will be withheld.
- Web site of the Public School Employees Retirement System: www.ersga.org
- Sick Leave Bank - Employees may participate in sick leave bank. Certain restrictions and qualifications may apply. See policy for details.
- Colquitt County Teachers Federal Credit Union - Available for payroll deducted savings. Loans are also available (after being a member for 6 months). Competitive rates are provided for employees who need to borrow or want to save.
- Professional Dues - Payroll deductiona service is provided for the follwoing professional dues: Narional Education Association, Georgia Association of Educators, Colquitt County Association of Educators, Professional Association of Georgia Educators, School Food Service Association, and the Georgia School Bus Drivers Association.
- United Way of Colquitt County - Payroll deduction service is provided for United Way of Colquitt County. Contributions are solicited in the fall and payroll deductions for the calendar year begin or change in January.
- YMCA Membership - Payroll deduction service is provided for membership dues for the YMCA. Dues are figured for a 6 month period with renewals in April and October.
- Direct Deposit is offered to employees through Electronic Funds Transfer. Contact the payroll office for the appropriate form to sign up.
- Employee may purchase up to three times their annual salary.
Guaranteed issue amount: Employee: $200,000 Spouse: $50,000
- The spouse may not elect more than 50% of the amount elected by the employee.
- Plan is portable - you may pay premiums directly to the insurance company if employment is terminated. Group rates do not apply
Units of coverage:
$10,000 Spouse $5,000 Child(ren) $2,500 ($100 maximum benefit - birth to 6 months)
|Under 29||$ .35||$ .39|
- Provides tax-free cash payments if you need assistance with the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing , toileting, transferring, continence, eating, or severe cognitive impairment).
- Benefits are payable whether you are in your own home or in an assisted living facility or nursing home.
- 5% discount if application is make during the first 90 days of your first contract year.
- Additional 10% discount if husband and wife apply at the same time.
- Discounts also apply to parents, in-laws, and children of employees.
- Eligible for the Cafeteria Plan.
- $10,000 is provided by the Board at a monthly cost of $.90 (no cost to the employee).
- Employee may purchase additional life insurance as follows:
$10,000 - $2.20
$20,000 - $4.40
$30,000 - $6.60
$40,000 - $8.80
- Dependent life may be purchased for a total cost of $2.27 which provides:
$10,000 on Spouse
$5,000 on each Dependent
(Must purchase additional life on employee in order to purchase dependent life.)
- Plan pays directly to you - unless you assign benefits.
- Plan pays in addition to any other insurance.
- Plan is portable - you may pay premiums directly to the insurance company if employment is terminated.
- Dependent children are covered to the age of 25.
- 22 other diseases covered.
- Intensive care benefits can be purchased separately.
- Choose from a $2,000 or $5,000 First Occurrence Benefit.
- Plan pays a wellness benefit of $75.00 per year per person.
- Eligible for Cafeteria Plan