Vision | Mission | Commitments | Motto
The Colquitt County School System exists to educate all students to become empowered, life-long learners.
Our system will:
- Provide quality instruction
- Value collaboration
- Support the development of the whole-child, and
- Provide students with varied opportunities
As a school system that provides quality instruction…
- We will provide quality instruction through activities/lessons that are standards-based and embedded in content-specific frameworks for learning that incorporate critical thinking, creativity, and collaboration.
- We will evaluate student progress towards mastery of knowledge before moving forward to subsequent information, and teachers will give additional support by employing enough time and instructional strategies so that all students can achieve a high level of understanding.
As a school system that values collaboration…
- We will function as a Professional Learning Community at all levels (teacher, leader, district) and use the tenants of this process to communicate with stakeholders, parents, and students to function as a school system, not a system of schools, with shared expectations.
- We will support our teachers through strategic mentoring, differentiated training to develop the whole-teacher and monitor the effectiveness of our support.
As a school system that supports the development of the whole-child…
- We will follow instructional practices that are grounded in the practice of building positive relationships to produce engaged students.
- We will be inclusive of all students (Migrant, English Language Learners, Students with Disabilities, Gifted-identified, and/or those experiencing the effects of mental health issues or low socioeconomic levels) regardless of race or gender.
- We will support our educators with professional learning in the development of a growth mindset in students, teachers, and leaders who will grow from their mistakes and learn to be self-motivated to succeed.
- We will have a fully functioning RTI (MTSS) system to support all students’ academic and behavioral needs that includes enrichment and remediation.
As a school system that provides students with varied opportunities…
- We will provide opportunities for success for our students throughout their time in the Colquitt County School System that are tied to post-secondary education and industry by providing inquiry-based activities for students to solve real-world problems.
- We will integrate the use of technology into lessons to develop positive attitudes toward technology uses that support life-long learning, collaboration, productivity, and digital citizenship.
Each Day – Excellence in Every Way!
Colquitt County Board of Education - Goals and Objectives
Strategy I: Future Ready Students:
We will provide all students with a rigorous and relevant course of instruction grounded with real world applications.
1.1 Ensure teacher understanding and alignment of Georgia Performance Standards to instructional practices. (Vision Project 4.3)
1.2 Utilize Professional Learning Communities to support vertical and horizontal alignment and facilitate collaboration.
1.3 Utilize disaggregated data and to ensure effective instruction in order to improve performance of all subgroups. (Vision Project 3.3)
1.4 Align paths of study and courses in elementary, middle, junior high and senior high schools based on college and career readiness. (Vision Project 4.3)
1.5 Continue improving gifted instruction and programming K-12.
1.6 Ensure consistency across the county with all forms of assessments
1.7 Use multiple forms of assessment grounded in objective data to direct teachers’ instructional decisions, to regularly provide meaningful feedback to students and parents, and to ensure that teachers use varied measures to determine what students know and can do. (Vision Project 4.4)
1.8 Foster relationships with early learning partners that include all public and private human service organizations. (Vision Project 3.1, 3.2, and 3.5)
Strategy 2: 21st Century Professionals:
We will attract and retain highly effective, enthusiastic staff with skills to lead, teach, assess, and support learning needs of all students.
2.1 Provide staff professional development opportunities that are aligned with district priorities, i.e., Curriculum - CCGPS, Instruction - Effective Strategies, Assessment - Summative and Formative.
2.2 Implement TKES/LKES (Teacher/Leader Keys Effectiveness System) (Vision Project 6.3)
Strategy 3: Leadership for Innovation and Collaboration:
We will continue to engage parents, staff, community, EL parents, and others to partner with the school system.
3.1 Establish a county-wide parent leadership committee.
3.2 Establish a county-wide teacher leadership committee.
3.3 Establish connections with community leaders and agencies through presentations and/or membership by district leaders.
3.4 Establish a secondary school student leadership committee (Vision Project 8.7)
3.5 Implement and monitor Colquitt County School Systems Communications Plan to promote public education as the cornerstone of American democracy by publicizing student and school success through all available media. (Vision Project 2.1)
3.6 Develop safe, orderly, supportive learning environments built on respect and encouragement where all individuals believe they can make a positive difference (Vision Project 8.1 and 8.2)
Strategy 4: 21st Century Systems:
We will provide technology necessary to support the 21st century student learning and teacher instruction.
4.1 Establish a technology device purchase and re-cycle plan.
4.2 Utilize technology to support all aspects of instructional and administrative functions. (Vision Project 4.2)
4.3 Ensure that network infrastructures are up to industry standards.
4.4 Ensure that all classrooms meet the baseline for required classroom technology.
Strategy 5: Budgeting, Planning and Funding:
We will provide facilities, technology, safety, and other pertinent matters necessary to support 21st century student learning and ensure transparency in all aspects of the budgeting and planning processes.
5.1 Prepare a five year spending plan. (Vision Project 9.3)
5.2 Research innovative ways and means to be more effective, efficient, and fiscally responsible.
5.3 Develop safe, orderly, supportive learning environments built on respect andencouragement where all individuals believe they can make a positive difference (Vision Project 8.1 and 8.2)
5.4. Establish a senior administrative succession plan. (Vision Project 6.3)
5.5 Instill that while individual schools need to remain autonomous we must function as a school system
5.6 Manage the progress of the AdvancEd monitoring and reporting
5.7 Implement year four of five-year Charter System status