Prom & Graduation
Prom: Saturday, April 22, 2023
from 7:30 to 10:00 PM
Prom Eligibility & Requirements
Attendance at prom is a PRIVILEGE. Failure to settle financial oblications incurred while enrolled at CCHS may result in denying the privileges of participating in prom, graduation exercises, parking privileges, etc.
Prom Eligibility & Requirements
It is the desire of CCHS administration, faculty and staff to have the Junior / Senior Prom be an activity dedicated to those who have earned enough credit to be a Junior or Senior.
Formal attire such as a tuxedo or evening gown is required for the Prom.
Juniors and Seniors must meet the following academic requirements for Prom eligibility.
1. To be considered a senior for the Prom, you must begin the Spring semester with 17 units of credit.
2. To be considered a junior for the Prom, you must begin the Spring semester with 11 units of credit.
3. Any student who is assigned to the Achievement Center for spring semester by the hearing officer or disciplinary waiver is not eligible.
4. If a student is assigned OSS the day prior to the Prom, they lose Prom eligibility with no reimbursement for any pre-paid activities.
5. No children or babies can participate in the Grand March or Prom pictures.
6. Grand March Student Eligibility Form must be completed.
7. All elements of the Student Handbook apply for the Prom.
8. To purchase tickets for the Prom and to enter the Prom each student must have a valid picture ID.
9. The Prom Committee will be responsible for ticket sales and gym decorations.
10. To participate in the Prom or Grand March, a student must be in at least the 9th grade.
11. No individual over the age of 20 will be allowed to the Prom or Grand March.
12. CCHS students who choose to bring a non-CCHS student or a non-student as their date must register their date with the Administration and approval must be given prior to the purchase of Prom tickets.
13. The Administration has the right to deny access to any Prom activities for any non-students.
14. All credit recovery (required for graduation) for Seniors must be completed prior to purchasing Prom tickets.
a. Juniors must have 11 credits
b. Seniors must have 17 credits
Graduation: Saturday, May 20, 2023, 8:00 AM
*** All graduation information will be sent out on Remind (register by texting @635cchs to 81010) and posted on Facebook and our CCHS website***
Group Picture (Friday, May 5)
Report to the CCHS Gym at 8:00am for a group picture by BPI Photography.
Bring caps, gowns, tassels and any honor/merit stoles to school this day for the picture.
Group pictures are available to purchase. Please enclose a check in the exact amount payable to BPI. No cash change will be available.
Your graduation tickets will be handed out on May 5th, as long as your fines and fees are paid and you are on track to graduate.
Graduation Practice (Friday, May 19):
Report to Mack Tharpe Stadium by 8:30 a.m. Practice will begin on the field.
Find your Advisory Teacher once you get to the field.
Honor & Merit Students will be seated in the front couple rows.
Programs will be given to each graduate at this practice. Please take it home if you wish to keep it as a souvenir. You will not receive a program on Saturday.
Dress for grad practice – School appropriate comfortable clothing.
Dress for Graduation Ceremony
Males: Black/Dark color dress or White Dress shirt with Black pants. You can wear a Black/Dark tie or bowtie. Wear something cool/cotton under your robe as it gets hot.
Females: Wear Black/Dark dress shoes. Strapless sandals can cause you to trip or fall. No high heels, flip flops, Chacos, Tevas or athletic shoes.
No scarves, headbands, and/or any other headgear will be allowed.
No embroidery or writing on Graduation Gown.
The Mortar Board/Cap is to be worn flat (not tilted), with the point in the middle of the forehead, with the tassel on the right side. Do not write or put anything on the top of the mortar board/cap.
Only CCHS stoles and cords can be worn at Graduation.
NO shorts may be worn at graduation.
If you have any questions about graduation attire, please see Mr. Chappuis.
Saturday Morning (May 20):
Report to the WJW Gym by 7:00am and check in with your Advisory teacher.
Be in your seat at the WJW gym by 7:15am
Graduation WILL start on time at 8:00am SHARP.
During the ceremony:
Give each speaker your full attention, no texting or phone calls.
Remember our photographers will take at least 2 different pictures of you during the ceremony. One behind the stage and one on the stage.
Diplomas will not be mailed. After the ceremony go to the concession stands in the North End zone to pick up your diploma. Teachers will be there handing them out alphabetically by your last name.
Senior Students should park on the south side of WJW gym.
Accessible Parking is along the east end of the stadium.
No reserved parking other than for persons with disabilities.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.