Prom & Graduation
Questions about Graduation Supplies?
Please contact Herff-Jones through this website.
Your graduation tickets will be handed out after the group picture, as long as your fines and fees are paid and you must be on track to graduate
- All seniors will report to the Gym when the bell rings to enter the building in the morning for a group picture by SWI Photography.
- Seniors will need to bring caps and gowns to school this day.
- Honor and Merit graduates should also bring honor stoles/merit cords for the picture.
In order to participate in the Graduation Ceremony, a student must have attended high school for a minimum of 8 semesters beginning with the 9th grade and must have completed the core curriculum and Carnegie unit requirements. A student must have earned a minimum of 23 units in the required subjects.
- May graduation ceremonies are reserved for students who are currently enrolled and are taking classes during the Spring.
- The Principal must approve any exceptions to the above requirements.
- All other students who meet graduation requirements at the end of summer will be offered a ceremony at a later date.
- Some students may be eligible for a Special Education Diploma. These diploma requirements will be set forth by provisions in the IEP.
Graduation Practice and Senior Lunch (Friday, May 21)
- Practice will begin on the field at Mack Tharpe Stadium. Please report to the Stadium by 8:30 a.m. Val & Sal will sit in their designated seats and Honor grads will be seated after the Val & Sal. All remaining classmates will sit with their ELT. If you do not have an ELT you will be assigned to an ELT for graduation.
- Programs will be given to each graduate at this practice. Please take it home if you wish to keep it as a souvenir. You will not receive a program on Saturday. The faculty will host a lunch for all graduating seniors in the WJW Cafeteria as soon as practice is over.
- Dress for grad practice – School appropriate comfortable clothing.
Dress for Graduation Ceremony:
- Dresses are required. Wear something cool/cotton under your robe, preferably black. Wear BLACK shoes. High heels are NOT permitted on the turf and strapless sandals can cause you to trip or fall. NO FLIP-FLOPS or athletic shoes, OR
- White Shirt and Black/Dark Tie. Black Slacks and Black shoes--- NO FLIP-FLOPS or athletic shoes. Remember, any other color pant or shoes will not be allowed.
- If you have any questions about graduation attire, please see Mrs. Terrell.
- Only Honor Cords, Stoles and NHS Collars can be worn.
- No scarves, headbands, and/or any other head gear will be allowed
- No sunglasses
- No nose, lip, eyebrow piercing
- No Gum
- No Cell Phones or IPODS
- The Mortar Board/ Cap is to be worn flat (not tilted), with the point in the middle of the forehead, with the tassel on the left side. Do NOT write or put anything on the top of the mortar board/cap.
Saturday Morning May 22:
- Report to WJW Gym by 7:00am and check in with your ELT Teacher
- Be in your seat by 7:15am
- Graduation WILL start on time. At 7:30am, absentees are noted.
- FYI – There will be a snapchat filter available graduation morning.
During the ceremony:
- Please give each speaker your full attention.
- No texting or phone calls
- When receiving your diploma cover, shake hands with your right hand receive your cover with your left.
- Remember that our photographers will take at least 2 different pictures of you during the ceremony.
- Please do not act out or draw attention to yourself at any time. If you do, your diploma will be held until a later date.
- Seniors should park on the south side of WJW gym
- Handicapped Parking is along the east end of the stadium.
- No reserved parking other than for handicapped.
For Parents & Guests:
- The General Public will enter Mack Tharpe Stadium from the North end at the Pass gate entrance, North entrance, and West entrance behind the home stands.
- Handicapped are encouraged to park on the east side of the stadium and enter at the Field house side double gates.
- IMPORTANT: Each guest must have a ticket to enter the stadium. No exceptions. No ticket = no admittance.
Colquitt Co. School System employees may enter with their school ID at the pass gate (double gate Field House side)
General Decorum Policies:
- No balloons, signs or noise makers.
- Excessive yelling and outbursts including unruly behavior will not be tolerated.
- No Smoking
- Guests who refuse to comply with these general guidelines will either be denied entry or removed from the stadium.
- First come, first serve basis; in essence no reserved seating.
- The Home Side is the “sun” side. The Visitors’ Side will have the sun at their backs.
- The only reserved seating will be for handicapped and some on-field seating for wheelchair spectators only. Those who accompany wheelchair spectators will be asked to sit in the stands. Access to the field for wheelchairs will be through the double gates on the visitors’ side and then, either thru the visitors’ side band gate or the cheerleading gate on the home side.
- Parents & guests may want to bring a towel, cushion, or stadium seat as bleachers may be wet due to a rain event from the night before or from heavy dew.
- Guests will be asked to remain seated during the entire ceremony.
- Rain before ceremony, will wait and watch radar. Depending on the conditions we will attempt to wait it out.
- If conditions are so severe and there is no break in the weather, we will come back to the stadium at 6:00 p.m. We will constantly monitor weather conditions throughout the day.
- A final option would be to return to the stadium on Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m. and by starting at 8:00am we would finish by 10:00am, thus allowing all to get to church.
- If it starts to rain once ceremony begins. Our plans are to finish, unless it becomes severe or the lightning detector is activated. If conditions cause us to leave the field, we will return to WJW gym to wait it out and then continue with the ceremony.
Medical & Public Safety Services:
- EMT’s will be available
- High School Athletic Trainer and Nurse will be available in the Fieldhouse at the North end of the stadium. Water, shade, and cool air will be provided in the event of heat.
- MPD & CC Sheriff’s Deputies will be on hand to assist administration as well as traffic after the event.
- Our CCHS Administrators and selected staff will be present to assist guests.
- Pick up diplomas immediately after graduation from the concessions building in the North End Zone.
- All accounts must have a zero balance. *NOTE…ALL financial obligations (fines, fees, lunch accounts, grad supplies, etc….) must be cleared prior to participating in graduation.
- If you have not cleared your fines as of 12:00 noon on Thursday, May 31st, your diploma will be held. You may come to the Main Office on Wednesday, June 6th between the hours of 8:30-2:00 to clear your balance(s) and receive your diploma at that time.
Technology & graduation:
Our graduation will may be televised by CNS (LIVE) or recorded by our video production class and copies will be available for purchase.Information on this will be available closer to the time of graduation. Photographers will be there as well. Information to follow.
Available on both sides of the stadium.
- Home side: located under the bleachers
- Visitors’ side: Located under the bleachers. All fans should exit the stands and head south, away from the stage and then proceed under the bleachers.