School Social Worker
Dr. Lisa Clarke Hill
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. PLEASE KNOW THAT YOUR SCHOOL FAMILY IS HERE TO ASSIST YOU IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE.
RESOURCES BELOW ARE AVAILABLE TO FIND HELP FOR YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE
- How to Find a Therapist That's Right for You
- Talk to your therapist however you feel comfortable - text, chat, phone or video (BETTERHELP)
- Mental Health Providers in our Area (Moultrie)
- Mental Health Providers in Albany, GA
- Center for Transforming Lives
- Family Recovery of Southwest Georgia | Outpatient Counseling
- Free Colquitt County Schools Employee Assistance Program
- Give Kindness Wings
- Heritage Foundation Counseling Services | Referral
- Kalon Christian Counseling | Thomasville
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) | Local Meetings
- View Point Health | Referral Form
- Angie Luttrell, Clinical Psychologist
- Joanna Taylor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Rachel Dudley, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Colquitt Regional Covid-19 Updates
- Covid Coach
- GA Covid-19 Emotional Support Line
- Georgia Department of Behavioral Health: Resiiency & Wellness Resources for Students, Parents, and Educators
- Managing Addiction Recovery in Isolation
- Colquitt County COVID-19 Vaccination Sign Up Phone Number: 229-589-8464
- Bedrock Recovery
- Behavioral Health and Addiction Help | Delphi Behavioral Health
- Children & Adolescent Substance Abuse Group
- Defining Wellness Centers
- Drug Rehab: Teen Drug and Alcohol Abuse
- Free Your Feels: Mental Health Awareness for Young People
- Georgia Addiction Treatment Center
- Guide to Georgia Rehab Centers
- Hope Givers
- Medical Stabilization Program for Substance Abuse
- The Recovery Village, Columbus, GA: Dealing with Depression
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- SBZ Services Unlimited
- Teen Substance Prevention
- Underage Drinking Alcohol Rehab Guide
- Westcare Youth Academy: Westcare Youth Academy is a 20 bed voluntary residential treatment center in Carrollton, Georgia for young men age 13-17 who are struggling with substance abuse issues. We function under a grant from DBHDD so that all of our services are no cost to residents of the state of Georgia. We offer individual, group and family therapy as well as educational and recreational services. Our minimum length of stay is 3 months and all our residents explore the issues that lead to their substance abuse and their placement with us. They also develop coping and sober living skills as well as a relapse prevention plan to use upon their return to their home communities.
- Your First Step
- Free Colquitt County Schools Employee Assistance Program
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line (800)715-4225
- On Our Sleeves: The Movement to Transform Children's Mental Health: Georgia Crisis Resources
- Parental Stress Line
GEORGIA SUICIDE & CRISIS LIFELINE https://988ga.org/ | Lifeline (dial 988 )responds 24/7 to calls (multiple languages), chats, or texts (English only) from anyone who needs mental health-related or suicide crisis support and connects them with trained crisis counselors. . A trained crisis counselor answers the phone, listens to the caller, understands how their problem is affecting them, provides support, and shares resources if needed. If the local crisis center is unable to take the call, the caller is automatically routed to a national backup crisis center. It works exactly like our Georgia Crisis & Access Line (GCAL) however it gives the caller/texter 3 easy numbers to remember "988."
- 211-Essential Needs
- Anxiety: Practical Intervention Strategies
- College Students in Need
- Colquitt County Arts Center
- E-cigarettes and Vaping: Resources for Parents
- FindHelpGA.org: https://findhelpga.org/ connects people to the social care services they need! In just one click, individuals can search and find free and reduced-cost services in their area.
- Georgia Low Cost Dental Care : These clinics provide low or no cost dental care in Georgia. All data is updated to the best of our ability, but please contact each clinic directly to ensure the accuracy of pricing and services available. Download List of Dental Clinics.
- Georgia Vision Programs
- HealthCare.Gov : The main federal website for enrolling in the ACA. If you don’t have internet you can enroll on the phone, at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)
- HealthCare.Gov en Español: CiudadodeSalud.gov
- HealthSherpa.com : A private website that does a lot of the things that the federal website does, allowing you to sign up after comparing plans. Phone 1-855.772.2663.
- InsureGeorgia.org : A Macon-based nonprofit organization that works independently to help Georgians sign up. Phone 1-866-988-8246
- Lights/Utility/Rent Assistance
- Mental Health Apps
- Remote Mental Health Guide: During these unprecedented times, many of the traditional ways of accessing mental health services like counseling and therapy are not available. This guide was designed to present some new alternatives, and to provide resources for people to find remote mental health support
- Talk with Your Teen about Vaping
- Social Security
- Sources of Strength
- Spanish Language Resources
- Student Mental Health Guide: The guide outlines some of the most common mental health issues experienced by students today and also provides suggested resources for support and treatment.
- Text4Baby Helping you through your baby's first year
- Types of Peer Pressure
- Youth ChalleNGe Academy:
The Youth Challenge Academy is a state and federally funded program for at-risk youth. The program offers high school dropouts and Students who felt behind academically in regular school setting an opportunity to develop necessary life skills and obtain a General Education Diploma or High Diploma.
It is the policy of the governor that all children should graduate high school and we do not encourage dropping out as a means to bypass high school. However, there are circumstances where the school system has exhausted all its resources to help a child and the child is at risk of not graduating.
The Youth challenge Academy is an alternative for a student who, after consulting with the graduation coach, high school counselor, teachers, and parents, has made a joint decision that this is the best alternative for him or her. If your organization wish to setup a time for briefing or presenter for next staff members and parents who are interested in the Youth Challenge Academy.
Trusted apps regarding menatl health assistance for students, families, faculty, staff, and community:
- Colquitt County Food Bank
- Division of Family and Children Services (DFCS)
- FoodFinderGA is a free smartphone app available through either the Apple App Store or Google Play (search foodfinderga). The app creates a 100% anonymouse, direct connection between students who need food with their closest free food provider. Both the FoodFinderGA app and thw ebsite www.foodfinder.us are year-round resources.
- USDA Meals for Kids when School is Closed
HealthCare.Gov : The main federal website for enrolling in the ACA. If you don’t have internet you can enroll on the phone, at 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325)
HealthCare.Gov en Español: CiudadodeSalud.gov
HealthSherpa.com : A private website that does a lot of the things that the federal website does, allowing you to sign up after comparing plans. Phone 1-855.772.2663.
InsureGeorgia.org : A Macon-based nonprofit organization that works independently to help Georgians sign up. Phone 1-866-988-8246
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.