Pre-K Registration FAQ
We are moving to a more personalized registration process. You can now complete the online application process from home and make an appointment to review and finalize your child's registration in a time frame that works for you!
The online application opens February 17th. Appointments to complete registration will be offered daily (ongoing).
Since seats in Georgia's Pre-K are limited, after classes have met capacity, a waiting list will be managed to accomodate changes.
Children must be 4 years old on or before September 1. Children may also attend Pre-K as a 5 year old if they have not previously attended a Georgia Pre-K Program.
- Proof of Age Eligibility – copy of birth certificate or other acceptable documentation
- Proof of Local Residency- One of the following Current documents: Utility bill (power, trash, water, cable, or internet) lease agreement/mortgage statement, property tax statement with parent/guardian listed and physical address
- Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental and Nutrition Screening (Form 3300) or appointment card
- Current Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231)
- Copy of Social Security card or signed waiver
- If applicable, please bring proof of eligibility for Medicaid, Food Stamps, SSI, or TANF
An Affidavit of Residency form will have to completed. Please call (229) 890-6200 and ask for the Enrollment Office if you have any questions.
No. You must register initially for your home school, but may complete a request to attend out-of-zone during the registration process. With a complete registration, out-of-zone requests will be considered after the Lottery.
Your home school will be verified with the Transportation office and Student Services at your registration appointment.
Additional Enrollment Information:
- Students with siblings in a Colquitt County elementary school will enroll at same school. School officials will help verify sibling enrollment using Infinite Campus during your appointment.
- Assignment zone students with no siblings in a Colquitt County elementary school may register and will be randomly placed by Colquitt County Schools Student Services, Enrollment, and Pre-K Departments.
- Residents living outside of Colquitt County may call Enrollment (229) 890-6200 to inquire about completing an Out of County request. Consideration is at the school's discretion.
- If the number of applicants with verified proof of residency exceeds number of spaces for a site (school), then a random selection (lottery) will be held for that school at the board office.
- Lottery Guidelines: Only schools affected (if any) will have lottery. Lottery will take place on March 23, 2022 at 6 p.m. at the Colquitt County Board Room. Parents/guardians are not required to attend. 22 names per classroom at school will be drawn. Detailed guidelines concerning twins, triplets, and special education available at Pre-K and Enrollment offices. Only students residing in attendance zone and in-county siblings are eligible for lottery. Students not selected will be placed on school waiting list.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.