Pre-K Registration FAQ
You can now complete the online application process from home and make an appointment to review and finalize your child's registration in a time frame that works for you!
Registration is two-fold. The ONLINE APPLICATION opens February 6th. IN-PERSON appointments to complete registration will be offered daily beginning February 14th (ongoing) *THIS IS REQUIRED.
Since seats in Georgia's Pre-K are limited, after classes have met capacity, a waiting list will be managed to accomodate changes.
Children must be 4 years old on or before September 1. Children may also attend Pre-K as a 5 year old if they have not previously attended a Georgia Pre-K Program.
- Proof of Age Eligibility – copy of birth certificate or other acceptable documentation
- Proof of Local Residency- One of the following Current documents: Utility bill (power, trash, water, cable, or internet) lease agreement/mortgage statement, property tax statement with parent/guardian listed and physical address
- Certificate of Vision, Hearing, Dental and Nutrition Screening (Form 3300) or appointment card
- Current Certificate of Immunization (Form 3231)
- Copy of Social Security card or signed waiver
- If applicable, please bring proof of eligibility for Medicaid, Food Stamps, SSI, or TANF
An Affidavit of Residency form will have to completed. Please call (229) 890-6200 and ask for the Enrollment Office if you have any questions.
No. You must register initially for your home school, but may complete a request to attend out-of-zone during the registration process. With a complete registration, out-of-zone requests will be considered after April 10th.
Your home school will be verified with the Transportation office and Student Services at your registration appointment.
Additional Enrollment Information:
- Pre-K enrollment will be first-come, first-serve with In-Zone priority.
- Students with siblings in a Colquitt County elementary school will enroll at same school. School officials will help verify sibling enrollment using Infinite Campus during your appointment.
- Assignment zone students with no siblings in a Colquitt County elementary school may register and will be placed by Colquitt County Schools Student Services, Enrollment, and Pre-K Departments.
- Residents living outside of Colquitt County may register and complete an Out-Of-County request. The completed registration and request will be sent to the school for approval after April 10, 2023. Consideration is at the school's discretion.
- If the number of applicants with verified proof of residency exceeds number of spaces for a site (school), then students will be placed on a waiting list.
Please call Enrollment (229) 890-6200 for further inquiries.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.