Classroom Resource Review
The Curriculum Department has led an English Language Resource review for the adoption of new materials throughout the 2021-2022 year while supporting the schools through training, coaching, and planning.
10 Elementary/Secondary Principal sessions, 10 Elementary/Secondary Assistant Principal/Academic Coach sessions and vertical teacher meetings have been held his year.
Below is a summary of the process for the ELA Resource Review. As of March 4, 2022, there are two resources under for consideration (see below).
- June - ELA Framework, best practices, writing, academic coaching cycle
- July - MAP Training All Day
- August - Best Practices in reading/determine the instructional framework to use
- September - MAP data dig/11 ELA resources were placed upstairs of central office for teams of teachers to review. (Every school sent teams to review.)
- October/November - Narrowed the 11 resources down to four. ALL teachers/admin/central office staff had the ability to vote. Begin deep dive into the four programs.
- December - Schools voted to narrow down to two resources: HMH (Into Reading) and Savvas (MyView).
- January - Group of staff went to visit schools who are using the resources. All day deep dive with AP/AC into the two ELA resources.
- February - Held round table discussions with teachers about what was learned on the visits to the schools.
- March - Held another staff vote to identify the top resource. Colquitt County staff voted to adopt …..
Option 1 - MY VIEW by SAVVAS
Reading Whole Group: https://youtu.be/ECd24gbw8WA
Reading Small Group: https://youtu.be/s7QOH2D4cQs
- Writing: https://youtu.be/_G6nRyDkxoU
Option 2 - INTO READING by HMH
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.