The District has partnered with the Georgia Department of Education and the Graduation Alliance to offer ENGAGE Georgia free for students. This program will provide an extra layer of academic support for students.
Students are eligible for the program if they have not been actively engaged with the school district during the 2021-2022 or 2022-2023 school year, are chronically absent, or are academically at risk of failing one or more courses.
Students can be referred to the program by a school counselor or choose to participate on their own.
Upon signing up, they will be assigned an Academic Success Coach who will answer questions, connect them with resources, and develop a plan to help them stay on track and engaged with their schooling!
Their coach will reach out by phone, email, text message, and more to provide support such as:
● Encouragement and motivation to help them stay on track with their studies
● Organization and study tips
● Technical support or assistance connecting with teachers
● Educational resources and exercises to help strengthen reading and math skills
● Referrals to local agencies and organizations that can provide social-emotional support
We have added information on ENGAGE Georgia to the website under three areas: Student Services Department, Families, and Students. Each link goes to the same information that can be found here: https://www.colquitt.k12.ga.us/departments/student-services/engage-georgia
If you have questions about ENGAGE Georgia, please get in touch with your school counselor.