Families of students in the Colquitt County School District may be eligible to receive FREE or discounted internet service under the Affordable Connectivity Program provided by the FCC.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- All families with children enrolled in the current school year are eligible because Colquitt County School District participates in the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).
- Households are also independently eligible if
- (1) their income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level ($55,500 for a family of four); or
- (2) a member of the household participates in certain other Federal benefit programs—including, among others, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), Medicaid, and Federal Public Housing Assistance.
HOW TO APPLY: (REVISED February 2023)
1. A letter will be sent home with your student that can be used in the application for this program. Families should scan or take a photo of that letter to be used in the application process. If you do not receive a letter by Tuesday, February 14th, the school can reprint one. Please get in touch with the school Registrar or Front Office.
2. Then either go to AffordableConnectivity.gov to submit an application or print out a mail-in application
3. OR Visit your internet provider's website to see if they have a direct link to the application.
Link to a listing of Preferred Participating Internet Providers
As a second option, you may also download and save a copy of the Colquitt County School District CEP Letter to your computer or mobile device. PDF Link JPEG Link
Then log into Parent Portal. Go to Documents. Download your student's Academic Plan Progress Report to your computer or mobile device. Be sure the document includes the school year, school location, student name, and schedule. If you are not already registered to use Parent Portal, click here for instructions.
Consumer FAQ - Questions and answers on eligibility, how to apply, participating service providers, connected device benefits, and more.
Participating Providers Tool: Find internet service providers offering the Affordable Connectivity Program discount in your state.
Submit an ACP Complaint: File an informal consumer complaint against your internet provider involving the Affordable Connectivity Program.