Translation Services Options
Nidyam Trejo, District Translator
Office Phone: (229) 890-6200 Extension 10083
Please give a minimum of a two week notice for in-person meeting translation requests.
For document translation, please use Language Line first. If it is an emergency request, you may submit via email for translation.
Language Line offers two types of translation services for employees of Colquitt County School District:
1. Interpreter - via telephone or virtual connection, or on an app downloaded to your device.
2. Document Translation
- Client Number 681115
- Language for document to be translated to
- Desired return date for completed document
*If using CANVA design templates, you can share the template with Language Line and they will translate within the design document.
Using an Interpreter By Phone
- Dial 1-866-874-3972
- Provide Client Number 681115
- Indicate the Language Needed
- Provide additional information for interpretation such as the name of the person you are going to connect to for the call, their phone number, and reason for the phone call.
Using an Interpreter via the Language Line App
- The Language Line app can be download to iPads, Smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
- Look for LanguageLine Insight in the Apple app store or LanguageLine in GooglePlay store.
- Download the app and uses the authentication code WHRBTQ4FMV, and enter a device name.
Working with an Interpreter: At the beginning of the call, the interpreter will identify themselves by name and ID number. Note this information for reference. Then tell the interpreter the nature of the call. Speak directly to the limited English proficient, or Deaf or Hard of Hearing individual, not to the interpreter, pausing at the end of a complete thought. To ensure accuracy, your interpreter may ask for clarification or repetition.
Videos Tutorials on Using Language Line:
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.